2006-11-02

O caminho mais curto nunca é a direito

"I have just turned down the fourth job offer from Magnum, I have turned down an incredible offer to live in a beautiful apartment on 34th Street in Manhattan for free, have turned down the chance to work together with a great photojournalist and good friend of mine. All of this for a reason that I believe is the right one."
Quem diz isto é o fotojornalista Martin Fuchs, e se só lermos esta citação, pode parecer que ele está a desperdiçar uma oportunidade que alguns de nós agarraríamos com ambas as mãos.

Mas nem tudo é o que parece, para evitar julgamentos instantâneos vamos ler um bocadinho mais:

"But now it's time for me to take the next step and move on. I don't want to sit in an office anymore. I thought about what I want to do a lot. Honestly the last two months in New York haven't only been great. Work at Magnum became normal office work, I got used to it. I didn't have enough energy and inspiration left to follow my own photography as much as I would have wanted to. [...]
And because of all the people that believe in me - but mainly for myself - I need to move on. I need to follow my dream and my passion."

Sonhos e paixões são assuntos recorrentes de muitas pessoas, mas Martin tem a consciência de que para alcançar os seus é necessário fazer algo que não agrada a ninguém:

Seguir o caminho mais duro e trabalhoso!

"Thinking about the people I know by now and thinking about the people I could have met if I would have stayed to work with this friend of mine it might not seam to be the most direct or easiest path but I decided to do that in Austria. I finally want to work on a long term project, something that I am really interested in and something that I am really passionate about. I want to continue experimenting, trying out new stuff."

Leiam a entrada completa aqui:

Another goodbye to New York

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

já há muito tempo que pensava: "então o gajo quer ser fotógrafo e ainda está a trabalhar na magnum?" agora sim, para mim fez a opção correcta (digo eu).